I wanted to meet the following requirements:
- Data stored in the cloud, under version control (git)
- Handles Markdown formatting, as well as code
I came across TiddlyWiki, which is an amazing invention for the following reasons:
- The wiki is a Quine, which is an obscure computer science concept, whereby running a piece of code produces its own code as output
I was able to get it running hosted on GitHub Pages, but I found a few obstacles:
- There is no practical security available. The Wiki can be marked as read-only for everyone, or open for everyone.
- It does not really support Markdown formatted posts directly, and the Markdown plugin did not seem to be entirely compliant